LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Graphs in Seperate Window

Hey all,

So, I have waveform data displayed in waveform charts on my labview front panel, but my boss said that he thought it would be cool if we could have each one in a seperate window, with the capability it play around with it a little.  I can do this in Excel after the measurement period is over, but I was wondering if there is anyway to do this during the measurement period.  We have measurement periods of about a day, so it would be good to see a longer term trend while the measuring period is still in progress.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,572 Views)

Hi Humble Hu...,

do you mean with seperate windows different vi's? What do you make with Excel? Can you please explain more?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,566 Views)

Hey Mike,

I mean that with excel I can plot the points over a given time period.  I don't really know if this would work or not, but is there anyway to add front panels to the same block panel that would have graphs of the waveform over an adjustable time period?  It seems like the waveform chart really only shows about 2 seconds worth of day, which is pretty meaningless on a scale of hours and days.

Thanks,

Humble Humphry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,556 Views)

Hi Humble Humphry,

you can't have only a front panel. You see only a part of your data, because your chart history is much smaller than you need it to see all your data. How many values do you measure per second? You can store your data in a shiftregister, plot it into a graph or select only some values to build your own with values from the entire day.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,552 Views)

This sort of functionality is relatively easy to implement in LabVIEW.  If you happen to have NI-SCOPE installed, check out the file import dialog of the NI-SCOPE Soft Front Panel (written in LabVIEW).  It does almost exactly what you are describing, using the file for a data source.  For some examples of data architectures to allow you to do this, check out the memory store and browse examples in Managing Large Data Sets in LabVIEW.  Either of the architectures work just as well for a separate window as they do for the main front panel.

If you need more help, let us know.

Message 5 of 5
(2,533 Views)