LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Graph

I have an array of 32 elements. I have connected to waveform chart. And I used the plot visibility checkbox. I was hoping to select each value from the array using plot visibility checkbox. Instead for me all 32 values are coming in plot 0 and no waveform in remaining plot. How can I make it by selecting the plot visibility checkbox, I get that value in the array vs time in the waveform graph. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,510 Views)

Sounds like you have something wired up wrong.

But I can only say "sounds like" because I can't see it.

You didn't attach your VI so there is really no way we can tell you specifically what you did wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,507 Views)

Hi, 

I have attached a random program that has an array of 10 values. But all 10 values are coming in plot 0. Kindly do help me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,500 Views)

First, you want a Waveform Chart, not a Waveform Graph.  A graph won't show anything when you don't have a point style set and you are trying to send single point data.  Charts keeps history.  Graphs don't.

When  you combine the 10 values into a 1-D array, it thinks it is a 10 sample array of a single channel.  You need to combine the data in a way that recognizes it has 10 different channels.  Look at the detailed help for charts and graphs, and also the examples that are linked to see there are several ways of treating the data.

But the simple answer for your VI.

1.  Change Waveform Graph to Waveform Chart.

2.  Put a Build Array between the first Build Array and the Chart.  The 2-D array will allow it to be recognized as multiple channels.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,471 Views)

Converting it into 2d array didnt help. Going through the examples will take a lot of time. I need to finish the work today. So please can you help me how to make 1d array values to appear as separate plots in waveform chart or if anyone knows which is the example I should go through to learn about this topic, then can you forward me to that example. Thanking You.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,449 Views)

Hi govindsankar,

Converting it into 2d array didnt help.

Then you made something wrong.

Again you failed in attaching your VI…

Going through the examples will take a lot of time. I need to finish the work today.

We aren't concerned about your time schedule and plan-ahead!

But you are a member of this forum for quite some time and should have had enough time to look at examples…

So please can you help me how to make 1d array values to appear as separate plots in waveform chart or if anyone knows which is the example I should go through

The context help for the chart shows exactly how to wire your data…

Convert your 1D array to a 2D array to show several plots:

check.png

Then transpose explicitely (or use the chart's transpose option) to get channels per rows…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,446 Views)