LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Graph/DAQ Assistant continuous sample rate problem

I have a file that reads analog voltage from 4 force sensors and a waveform graph that's supposed to display each force and then the total of all 4 in real time.  However, as you can see from the attached picture, when I have it running, only the total force vs. time appears on the screen (red line on waveform graph), while each individual force is just a barely perceptible dot in the lower left corner of the waveform graph.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  I'd like to see 5 colorful lines streaming across my screen when the program runs.  I thought it had something to do with the DAQ Assist settings of Samples to Read and Rate, but I've tried a lot of combos and none seem to help the problem.  

I've attached the .vi, hopefully that helps! Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,951 Views)

Those other signals are there, they are just compressed very small on the left side of the graph.

The problem is that your force signal takes a detour from a dynamic signal, to an array, back to a dynamic datatype.  It is losing its time information.  So it defaults back to a dt of 1.

Your other signals stay as a blue wire dynamic datatype maintaining there dt.  The dT is much smaller at 0.4 msec  (1/2500 Hz) that you barely see in on the graph once the graph autoscales the X axis to accomodate the Force signal with its dt value of 1.

Message 2 of 4
(2,942 Views)

Ahhhh that makes sense.  Thanks.  But that wasn't intentional - when I tried to add the 4 signals when they were all dynamic data type, I got an error.  I only added the dbl versions of the signals because it worked.  But I assume there should be a way to add the dynamic signals so I don't have the conversion back/forth problem you mentioned?  Any tips?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,940 Views)

Don't use the compound arithmetic primitive.  Use a few of the regular addition primitives and you will be able to add them.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,937 Views)