LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Graph Cursor Grab/Zoom: Bug?

Hello,

I'm experiencing unexpected behaviour with cursor events on waveform graphs. I have 2 vertical cursors to select a sub-section of data (signal over time). When I zoom in on one cursor, in order to position it more precisely, the other cursor jumps to a semingly random position.

Details (see also attached minimal example):
0. Have a waveform graph with 2 cursors, all of the data and the cursors in view.
1. Select the zoom tool from the graph palette (or press "2" on the keyboard for the X-zoom).
2. Zoom in 1 or 2 times on any cursor.
3. Select the select tool from the graph palette (or press "1" on the keyboard).
4. Here's the unexpected beahaviour: when you grab the cursor now, the other cursor changes position in a seemingly random fashion.
5. If this doesn't happen right away, zoom in some more or reset and try again, it happens at least after 2-3 attempts.

Further details on item "4." above:
- You can see that the bug occurred before moving the grabbed cursor: when hovering over the graph, the mouse cursor icon changes to the one for grabbing the center of the graph cursor (a little cross, instead of the line with arrows, indicating the movement on a single axis).
- If the cursor is grabbed, the other cursor changes position immediately. A "Cursor Grab" event is triggered for the wrong cursor, also a "Cursor Move" event, even if the cursor is not moved.

System:
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
LabVIEW 16.0f1 32bit

Maybe someone can confirm that this is unexpected behaviour, or tell me what I'm missing here.
Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,946 Views)