LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Chart refreshment

Hello,
unfortunately i didnt find anything on this subject using the forum search (certainly because it is extremely simple to answer and i shd find it by myself 😉 )
But is it possible to make the refreshment rate of Waveform Charts visible in Labview? And does it set itself to the highest rate possible if not told otherwise?

thank you a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,214 Views)

Not that I know of, do a search for Synchronous Display.  What problems are you having? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,189 Views)

Hello thank you for your answer!
Im not facing specifical problems, but i'd like to measure what my refreshment is in order to know what my resolution is...
I did still not find an answer for this

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,148 Views)

Your question is not very clear. Can you explain your concerns?

Your chart gets updated whenever you write to the terminal. If this occurs in a regular loop, you just need to measure the loop rate and there are many ways to do this (here is one).

Instead of trying to measure the loop rate, is it better to enforce a certain known loop rate, for example by placing a suitable delay inside the loop. If DAQ is involved, the loop rate is often determined by the configurations.

Also note that the actual update rate of redrawing the chart is probably slower because indicator updates are asynchronous by default for performance reasons.

You should also make sure that the chart itself does not slow you down. Don't set a GB chart history, for example.

Message 4 of 4
(2,142 Views)