cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Chart Displaying unwanted Points

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I am using a waveform chart to display temperature data and as soon as the plots are at the right side of the graph, dots appear at the left side, which correspond to the most recent point plotted on the right (circled in red in the picture). This only happens, when the window of the graph is scrollable. If there is still space on the graph the dots don't appear.

WaveformChartFull.PNG

Has anyone experienced a same thing or know how to fix this?

I am using LabView 2017 SP1 on a windows machine. Furthermore I am changing the range of the scale programmatically using value properties.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,013 Views)

Try this-

chart plot mode.png

Does the plot continue to overwrite across the length of the screen? Or do the dots just show up at the left and stick there?

Post your code if the above doesn't work (preferably in v2016)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,990 Views)

Thank you for your reply!

It is already set to "Strip Chart" update mode.

It is difficult to share the code since it is only a SubVI.

I do a few modifications to the plots and the axis.

SetRange.png

Initially I set the maximum and minimum of the axis.

PlotConfig.png

On the plots I set these specifications. I just discovered, that if I set the line width to 1 the dots don't appear. Maybe this could just be because one can't see them. However if it is set to 2 or more the dots appear.

Have you experienced something similar? Or might this be a bug from LabView?

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,983 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jhuwyler

@jhuwyler wrote: 

Have you experienced something similar?

It is a cosmetic problem and has been there forever.

(... and why would you need all these value properties? Seems completely wrong...and why would you set xmin to the current time??)

Message 4 of 6
(2,974 Views)

Alright then I can't do much about it.

Thank you for your help! 

I set so many properties because I have a manual range controller and want to set the start and endpoint of the x-axis right. Also I have previously custom set channel names and colors.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,945 Views)

@jhuwyler wrote:

I set so many properties because I have a manual range controller and want to set the start and endpoint of the x-axis right.

Typically one would wire to the terminal directly and if that is not possible use a local variable. (Value properties are significantly more expensive and there is no reason here to use three of them)

Hard to tell what else is going without seeing more of the code. How does that tiny code fragment fit in the rest of the program? How often is it called? Does the data have time information (waveform, dynamic) or not (scalar, array, cluster, etc.). Do you set x0, dx somewhere?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,936 Views)