LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wave Chart Freezes

I have an application running on a server that constantly monitors the soundcard input (Listening for alarms and noises). My front panel has a Wave Chart indicator displaying the captured data. My problem is that the wave chart freezes/stops updating after a period of time (approx 3hrs of use, although it does appear to vary a great deal). The rest of the program continues running and no errors are reported however, the wave display seems as if its just been stopped.

I am not sure what is causing the display to stop/freeze and any assistance would be greatfully recieved.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,342 Views)
There could be several factors causing this, but the most likely is the chart is exceeding it's maximum data input count. The data must get stored somewhere in memory, and there will always be a limit to the size that can be stored. you might try reducing the scan rate, or perhaps better, just chart values that exceed a preset threshold.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,342 Views)
Hi Ben,

It's Peter from National Instruments technical support department here. I've had a look at your problem and the advice that has been already offered seems very sound advice.

If you have any further queries however, please feel free to write back an I will keep an eye on this discussion thread and answer any further questions you have.

Best regards,

Peter Horn.
Applications Engineer.
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,342 Views)