cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watlow F4T

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i worked on Watlow F4S and used LabView drivers to add to the code and use it for my application. now that watlow developed the F4T the code I'm using does not talk to the new F4T, so i downloaded the new driver but i get a errors on the .NET. i don't really understand the *.net. do i need to associate the file or link it some how? i men i try to link the DLL file but still get errors. sorry never use the new way of doing things with NET.

my link is broken and the errors are multiple to display in short it has to do with NET.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,600 Views)

You may need to create a LabVIEW.exe.config file to allow it to see the DLLs, if they''re old.

Which version of LabVIEW are you using?  You might need this instead if you're on a old version and they are new.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(4,596 Views)

Kyle,

thanks for your speedy reply i will try what u recommended and see what happens. as for the answer to your question on what LabView im running the answer is LabView 2015 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,579 Views)

Kyle,

i still get error. no difference...? i check to see that if i have NET 4.0 installed and i do. dont know what else to do?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(4,566 Views)

Have you tried using the Watlow supplied software to communicate with the unit to make sure everything works?

Did you install the drivers with the EXE or zip files?  Page 2 of the LabVIEW driver PDF documentation says when installing from the zip:

The LabVIEW Drivers utilize a .net assembly .dll called Watbus.dll. This .dll was built on

.NET assembly 4.0. Included in the driver package is an executable to install .NET assembly

4.0 if needed. The location is instr.lib\Watlow Std

Bus\Addons\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe. Failure to have the correct .net assembly will

result in non-functional drivers (Broken Arrow).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(4,553 Views)

i will try this... it is possible. but i did use watlow "COMPOSER" via Ethernet and it does communicate. yet labVIEW doesn't. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,544 Views)

I re-installed, with no success. still broken link. i've attached 2 files that directs me to the broken link. Capture-2 has invoke node that is not colored meaning it does not find the "Method" named ToArry or Init. the reference should be linked to WatBus.dll correct?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(4,539 Views)

here is the pic that i have NET 4.0 installed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(4,537 Views)

I have only used an older F4 with LabVIEW, so I haven't used the new software.  If you uninstall and reinstall the drivers using the executable and it still does not work you might want to contact Watlow support directly.

Message 9 of 18
(4,536 Views)

yes i agree with you the old F4 controllers work as expected and never had any issue...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(4,532 Views)