From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to use Omnidriver Wrapper VI in NI Example of Ocean Optics 2000 4000

Hi

I want to use Omnidriver  Wrapper VI in NI conventional Example VI's of Ocean Optics 2000 4000. But USB driver to access default Example VI and Omnidriver Wrapper VI is different.It means when I run my example VI ,I get .......0 spectrometer found........  in "wrapper_openallspectrometer.vi".

As I have developed full working program for HR4000 and currently in use also.In that program, I want use boxcar width and scan to average function, which is not available conventional Ocean Optics VI's.Hence I have to move towards to access wrapper VI.

Pls provide me solution. Thanks in Advance.Waiting for solution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,265 Views)

Hi Nitesh,

I believe you only have 2 driver options if you go to Windows Device Manager. If you want to use it as a VISA USB device, it will appear as "NI USB Device" or something similar. If you want to use it with the OmniDriver, SpectraSuite, or OceanView (all Ocean Optics products) you will use the ocean optics driver and it appears as "Ocean Optics HR4000" or something similar.

You cannot mix and match between VIs that use OmniDriver and VIs that use VISA write and read.

Edit: If it is just one calculation you want from OmniDriver, you should try writing it yourself in a LabVIEW VI. If you have trouble, start a new topic on the forums and I'm sure people will help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,237 Views)

Thanks Gregoryi,

Infact i want to use Boxcar vaeraging and Scan to average funcion.fow that only i went for omnidriver dll.  Hence ,Pls throw some light that how can i generate these functions in LabVIEW VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,182 Views)

Hi Nitesh,

If you need the functionality of omnidriver, then it is probably best to stick with that. I actually don't know what boxcar averaging or scan to average functions do, but even if I did I would leave it as an exercise for you 🙂

Message 4 of 4
(3,177 Views)