From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to simulate my OPC server.

Hi all,

We have a library of shared variables that interfaces through NI OPC Server to control a machine. I would like to develop the code offline of the machine and was wondering if there was a way that I could create a dummy OPC server that would generate I/O through the same shared variables the real OPC server interfaces with. I tried just writing to those shared variables with a separate VI but their state does not change.

Thanks,

Jovan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,517 Views)

Hello Jovan,

As far as I know there is no way to simulate the server, however you can simulate the device following this simple Knowledge Base article (you still need the license): 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A72A10E8990E2250862576230075E355

I hope it helps.  

Warm Regards,

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,459 Views)

The problem with the OPC server in simulation mode is that the variables just notify the application that they exist and send random values. I wanted specific values sent and received so I ended up creating a local shared variable library to experiment with, and then when the code is ready for production I switched the project to the network shared variables the OPC server and client use.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,427 Views)