LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to integrate a pressure map into motor control system

Hello,

I am using an FSA pressure map sensor and want to integrate it into my labVIEW control system. The first step I need to accomplish is having labVIEW recognize the pressure map and read it, then write out a text file. Then, I need to analyze the data from the text file to determine the quality of the sensor. And finally incorporating that into the motor control is the easier part, I think, because I already have an encoder-feedback motor control system written.

Right now I am using the built-in LabVIEW example VI "Advanced Serial Write and Read" and I am told by the manufacturer of the pressure map that I need to use ActiveX. They provide a library that can be seen at this link:

http://www.verg.com/FSA4S

This library can be acessed by LabVIEW because it is found in a .dll file that came with the pressure map software, but I'm not sure how to incorporate that into my labVIEW code. Also, I know that the "Advanced Serial Write and Read" VI requests a COM port and provides the option to write a string and read a string, but I'm not sure what to use from the provided library to make the appropriate connection.

I'm relatively new to LabVIEW and this is a pretty advanced application for my knowledge. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, if there's any information that I need to provide that I'm not providing please let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,170 Views)

For ActiveX controls you would put an ActiveX container down on your front panel. Then right-click and choose "Insert ActiveX Object..." browse in the dialog for the name of vendor control and select it.  The ActiveX container will now have the control you selected. Now you can right-click on the control reference in the block diagram and create methods or properties to do what you want as defined by the vendor's API.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,158 Views)