cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waformgraph cursor position event

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I already find an answer, on this board but i couldn't understand it? I want to fire an event on the value change of a cursor wich is moved by hand over the data.

Is this posible?

Best regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,921 Views)

Hi Thijis,

Create a User Event and configure the event case that handles the cursor move to handle that event as well. Then fire that event when the data updates.What are the things you are not able to understand?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,919 Views)

I can "Add an event" or "edit"an event on the event structure... I am missing it... Do you mean create an event on a dynamic user event? I can't "Create a User event", i can create method and nodes....

I just don't understand...

Sorry, i've already made a lot of programs, but this i mis??

Could you please help me out?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,915 Views)

sorry see my edit message!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,911 Views)

I think you mean, making an input for the waveform cursur x position output and use that as event? Is that it...? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,909 Views)

It still doesn't work...

I've made an indicator and used that as a value change event, but what i already expecteted comes true, the indicator never fire an event because it'll never be triggered...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,899 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThijsBoeree

You created an indicator whose name is "Cursor.Cursor Position:Cursor X"

And you are watching for a value change event on "Cursor.Cursor Position:Cursor X"

So you are not monitoring your cursor but the indicator that you created 😄

Change your event to be :

Waveform Graph, cursor release (or move)

Notice that on the left you will have access to the cursor position "CursLoc", so you don't need the property node to read it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,878 Views)

Ah, now i understand, i use the mixed signal waveform graph, and they don't have the "cursor move" event... but i can use the mouse over event. And then see if the value did change in the next loop!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,868 Views)