LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage range control

Hey all,

I'm working on a project to automate voltage control for hvac testing equipment. The code is pretty large, but the portion that I have been working on is attached in the first Jpg. Attached in the second jpg is the ideal theory as drawn by the three year old me. I had previously tried using a PID loop method but with the digital setup style, was not able to get an on/off digital signal.

So the goal is to read data from the Yokogawa power meter, and use a range function as a true/false, if false the voltage would be manipulated till the reading was within tolerance. However it keeps kicking me out of the code for some reason, as in the program stops running.

If anyone has some insight on if I am coding correctly for this problem or if they have any idea’s of why my program has stopped running. I also would like to note that if I were to delete the shown code the program runs fine and all other functions work properly. As well i figure I should add this system is currently set up utilizing NI's cRIO for the control side and using yokogawa hardware for the data aqcuisition side. Why we have two different setups is beyond my knowledge currently, if I figure a reason for the two hardware type I will update. Additional hardware is misc HVAC equipment, presure transducers, thermocuples and other misc hvac equipment, which so far is running great within the code and haven't had any issues. 

Thanks,

Sam

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,097 Views)

You need to keep reading the data from the Yokogawa inside of the loop.  Otherwise you just keep working with old data.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(4,082 Views)

Thanks for that! I moved the yoko into the while loop (it's another global variable). I am still encountering my code shutting off after about 7 seconds. I have change the timer from 8000 to 3000 to 12000 and same result of 7 seconds with is making me think that it's not related. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,074 Views)

@SAMB. wrote:

I am still encountering my code shutting off after about 7 seconds.

This is running in a cRIO, right?  Are you using a watchdog?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,070 Views)

The cRIO seems to be working fine, I can manually control voltage and other instruments. There is not watchdog control currently set up.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,065 Views)