LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage divider - temperature result

Hello everybody,

I'm new user of LabView. I don't have this programm on university but I want to check what is it and how this program is working. I have question about Voltage divider realisated on myDAQ from NI. I have physical connections, but I dont know what I have to do in LabView..  I used express myDAQ icon. I know that I should use Node function.

I know that I have to use two channels on two voltages. 

And my question is how I can build this model in LabView. I have 2 resistors : one is unknown value , and one where I can chose value. How I can change volatages on outputs V1/V2  when I know only 1 resistance to temperature? Someone know, maybe someone have programm like this one. It's only for learning and I prefer to learn on good programs 100% working 🙂 . I know my english is so bad but maybe u understand me 🙂 

Hope for answer. And maybe someone here is from Poland ? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,187 Views)

Hi Dominic,

@Dominic123 wrote:

I'm new user of LabView. I don't have this programm on university but I want to check what is it and how this program is working. … It's only for learning and I prefer to learn on good programs 100% working 🙂 .

As you are a new user I recommend to look at all those "Training resources" offered in the header of this LabVIEW board to learn the LabVIEW basics!

@Dominic123 wrote:

I have question about Voltage divider realisated on myDAQ from NI. I have physical connections, but I dont know what I have to do in LabView..  I used express myDAQ icon. I know that I should use Node function.

"Nodes" are basically anything in LabVIEW. There are no "node functions"…

@Dominic123 wrote:

I know that I have to use two channels on two voltages. 

And my question is how I can build this model in LabView. I have 2 resistors : one is unknown value , and one where I can chose value. How I can change volatages on outputs V1/V2  when I know only 1 resistance to temperature? Someone know, maybe someone have programm like this one. 

Why do you need to read 2 voltages on 2 channels for a voltage divider: usually one of the voltages is known…

You don't build "models" in LabVIEW, you create programs called "VIs", consisting (mainly) of a front panel and a block diagram. (Again: LabVIEW basics…)

On those "resistor" questions: this is pretty basic electronics stuff. You should have heard about Ohm's law and Kirchhoff's rules before and you should be able to apply them. When one of the resistors changes with temperature (usually known as thermistor - or do you use plain Pt100 sensors?) then you also have to get a datasheet for that thermistor. That datasheet explains the relation between temperature and resistance…

@Dominic123 wrote:

I know my english is so bad but maybe u understand me 🙂 

Please don't start with this

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,093 Views)