LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage Threshold for Wait on Rising Edge function

Hello,

Can anybody help me at what voltage level "Wait on Rising Edge" will register as rising edge, i'm using NI Crio 9411 I/O Module.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(922 Views)

That would depend on the supply voltage.  The 9411 will observe a rising edge between a guaranteed logic 0 and 1 but is dependant on the rail voltage to detect the difference. 

As a general rule use 0.707 x Vss

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(918 Views)

hi JPB,

I really appreciate your quick response. I just need some clarifications, i'm interested in voltage threshold level for "Wait on Rising Edge" function, not for the module that it runs on, so i think i should have asked " Does "Wait on Rising Edge" have its own voltage threshold for rising edge?"

- If YES, then what is it? Our Vss for 9411 is 24V and we currently have +/-2.5V square wave input to 9411. It doesn't meet the general rule (0.707*Vss) but everything works fine (?). Did you mean 0.707*Vinput?

- If NO, then will "Wait on Rising Edge" use whatever the Logic High/Low range of the module that it runs on? For example, "Wait on Rising Edge" will determine Logic 1 (0.3V-24V) and Logic 0 ((-24V)-(-0.3V)) for differential mode if 9411 is being used?

Thanks again!

Duy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(898 Views)

As per the 9411 datasheet, anything above 2V is considered a high in single ended mode - this is how your +/-2.5V works

santo_13_0-1647961856332.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(883 Views)