LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage Finite Output Example - Customize Output Array for Amplitude

Hello.

I am using the Voltage Finite Output example program to generate a 400 ms triangle pulse . In the program, I want to use a drop down menu to select a trial name. Each trial has a specific amplitude. I want to change the amplitude of the triangle pulse based on the trial selected. What is the most efficient method to accomplish this task?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Emily

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,853 Views)

I can't open your LV 19 code here, but here's a pretty easy thing that comes to mind:

1. I'd code up a normalized triangle pulse with amplitude=1.0

2. I'd use something like a GUI "menu ring" to associate the trial name string with a numeric gain value for scaling the pulse amplitude.  (You'll probably want to change the menu ring's type from integer to DBL).

3. The user selects the trial name on the front panel, the block diagram uses the numeric value to multiply by the normalized pulse data from step 1 above.

Attached is a simple example of such a menu ring, no code, smallest vi I've ever saved I think.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,825 Views)

Thank you for your response. I resolved my issues.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,772 Views)

Then mark the message that provided you the solution.

Not your thank you message.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,768 Views)