LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Recognition in LabVIEW

I’m trying to get the voice recognition demo VI’s to work I have download a bunch of the “Agent” and SDK 5.1 stuff, and installed it.  The demo VI’s do run, but the “Simple MSAgentTTS.vi” Doesn’t output any sound, it does have the print out.  Ok so if anyone can could you please tell me what I’m doing wrong?  The Microsoft site is very hard to find things that I may have missed.
I'm using LabVIEW 7.1.1(7.1) and 8.0, Windows XP SP2.

Thank you for any help.

Thanks

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,187 Views)
UWBob1,

The example you downloaded is pretty old so we've been in the process of reworking it. I've attached the newest version (written for LabVIEW 8, project style). It is programmed a little differently in that it is a stand alone library (you won't need to copy anything anywhere). Hopefully this will solve the problem you're seeing.

Chris C
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,158 Views)

Thanks Chris

I will give this a close look at.

Again THANK YOU
Bob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,127 Views)

Chris;

Well I’m trying, but I still just can’t seem to get it to work.  I do admit I’m not used to the “project” style yet, but I was able to get all the ‘sub VI’s to load.  I will keep trying, if you have ant more help I could really use it.

Thank you for your help

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,113 Views)

Chris;

Ok, here is the error I get:  Error -2147221164 occurred at Class not registered in Dragon Speak API.lvlib:Create Dragon Voice.vi->Dragon Signal Generation and Processing.vi.

It looks like "DNSTools.IDgnVoiceCommand", MicBtn Refnum, and VoiceTTS Refnum, all error.  If you have any suggestions on how to fix this please let me know.

Thank you for all your help.

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,093 Views)
UWBob1,
This error usually occurs when the object that LabVIEW is trying to control via activeX isn't properly registered or doesn't exist on the computer. That is, when any application is installed and can be controlled from another application via ActiveX, it registers itself on the computer so that all other applications can "know" what to control. When LabVIEW tries to control DragonSpeak, it looks for what functions DragonSpeak has registered on your computer. The error you're getting means that the function LabVIEW is looking hasn't been registered, so I'm guessing that you have an older version than the one required by our program. Here is a link to a KB that shows you how to manually register type libraries (the functions and objects available for other programs to control): How Do I Manually Register Type Libraries, ActiveX Controls, and ActiveX Servers?.

Make sure you have the most recent version of dragon speak installed on your computer. Let me know if this helps out at all.

Chris C
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,059 Views)

Hello Chris

I am intrested  your post but couldn't load some sub-VIs from the attached file yo hav posted.

FTP destroy or something like that.

Can you help me with this issue?

Thanks

-------
Fadi
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,821 Views)
Hi Fadi,

Are you looking for help with the FTP problem or the Voice Recognition VIs? If you have SSP you can call or email an Applications Engineer and we can help you directly.

Cheers.

| Michael K | Project Manager | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments |

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,802 Views)
Hello Michael,

My problem is with the VIs attached in the above discussion. I am not able to load the the following FP library VIs which should be in this <vilib>:\addons\Lock Panel\Lock FPTerminals.llb.

I have tried to use the microsoft SDK 5 to make speech commands in Labview using active X but could only do the text to speech conversion but didnt succeed in dictation.

I Hope you can help me with this issue.

Have a nice time.
-------
Fadi
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,794 Views)
Hi Fadi,

These VIs were easily found after searching ni.com.

Locking Front Panel Controls

Cheers.

| Michael K | Project Manager | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments |

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,767 Views)