LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Basic Dll

Hello,

I have aquired some visual basic code which is used to communicate with a Cal Controls 9400 temperature controller.

The visual basic executable works fine to communicate with the controller, but I would like to use LabVIEW as I dont have any experience with VB.

I understand that I could create a Dll from the code within VB and use that Dll within LabVIEW.

Could someone give me some guidance on how to create this Dll from within VB. I can post the VB project on here if required.

Many Thanks
Rhys
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,698 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,685 Views)
Thanks for that.
But I'm afraid I dont have any experience at all using visual basic and the development environment and that looks pretty tricky :s

Is VB something that you are familiar with nyc?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,677 Views)

@Rhys_CKTC wrote:
Thanks for that.
But I'm afraid I dont have any experience at all using visual basic and the development environment and that looks pretty tricky :s

Is VB something that you are familiar with nyc?

I am familiar with VB6 and VB.NET, but I haven't been called on to write a DLL.

Looks fairly straightforward.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,667 Views)

A quick glance at the manual for the 9400 says it uses the industry-standard MODBUS protocol. NI provides a Modbus library for LabVIEW. That will probably be an easier way to get this working. You'll need to look at the Cal Controls manuals for information on which registers to write to set the desired controller parameters. Also, if you have LabVIEW 2014 (and maybe earlier versions, although I don't remember seeing it previously) and either the DSC or Real-Time Toolkit, there are Modbus VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,664 Views)