LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Image Control Lags program

Im experiencing some weird behavior with Vision Image Controller.  Whenever the program is running and im drawing ROI Rectangles or Lines, there are very clear
spikes in the whole program.  

The part which is totaly confusing me is that this does NOT happen at all when im drawing with the laptops mouse pad, but it is always there
when im using an USB connected mouse.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,111 Views)

Now it really seems weird..

..but have you checked setting for both the mouse devices?(try setting both of them with similar properties/settings)

...Try it using other USB mouse.

Troubleshooting is the only option..!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,092 Views)

Ok so i've tested around abit trying to understand whats going on.

Im using Vision to convert a 16bit array to an image and im then displaying that image with the Vision Image Display Controller.

When i have the mouse inside the controller, the program starts freezing alot. Especially when drawing various ROI, it gets even worse.
What i have noticed is that this freezing behavior varying depending what kind of mouse im using.  When im using my gaming Razer Mouse, the freezing 
is worst.  If i use another simpler logitech mouse,  the lag gets less. And if im using the laptops mousepad,  less again.  

What is the Control doing when im moving the mouse in it or drawing ROI's?   Is there some kind of built-in event handler which gets refreshed eached time
the mouse sends in a signal that it has moved? So when using a fast gaming mouse with a very high polling frequency, it uses up tons of computation power?

How would i work around this?  Is there any way i can make the Image Display Controller to not get so " heavy " when the mouse is moving in it or drawing ROI's?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,029 Views)
Please share your code
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,025 Views)

In this simple example i experience the problem aswell

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,020 Views)

Hi,

I tried your code with different combinations like putting an large image as an array, reducing the delay but the display never freezes.

I suspect it might be an issue with  the CPU usage.

Have you tried increasing the delay in your program?

BTY which OS you are using ?

And is it only in case of LaBVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,990 Views)

Did you pay close attention to the loop counter?  It didnt get affected at all while you were drawing various ROI's in the image display?
Which delay in the program are you precisely refering to?

Im using Labview 2015 and Windows 7.   I noticed that when i put the laptop on High  Performance Power Usage, it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,985 Views)