From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Assistant FRC

Hi All

I am a new to labVIEW mentor for a FRC robotics team.

I am trying to learn to use Vision Assistant,  Looking for really simple examples.  Just getting started.

Found a series by Jim Chastain but unable to duplicate his results.

Trying to process images, Vision Assistant complains the it only works on 8 bit images.

The images I acquire are RGB 32 bit.  It has to be simple but has me frustrated.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,197 Views)

You'll get more helpful replies going to www.ni.com/frc  Most people on these forums have never seen the FRC API.

Do the examples in Help->Find Examples for Vision work for you?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,170 Views)
You need to understand the image types available and which process takes what type of images.
The algorithm which you are trying to process requires Grayscale (8 bit) and your image is RGB (32 bit), to convert you need to look for extract single color plane and then check it should work.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,152 Views)

Good answer, Uday.

A good resource to get started with Vision Assistant is to follow the tutorial (VA_Tutorial.pdf) located in the Documentation folder:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\Vision Assistant\Documentation

If the goal is to integrate the Vision algorithm in a more complex VI, use the Vision Assistant Express VI from your main VI.

You can access it from the Vision And Motion>>Vision Express palette.

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,133 Views)

Thanks everyone.  Just me being slow.  Didn't know about the ni.com/frc

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,122 Views)