LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Acquisition Software

I've installed LabView few days ago and activated it. But what I need(Vision and Motion module) was abscent. Then to have it I downloaded Vision Acquisition Software from here http://www.ni.com/download/ni-vision-acquisition-software-january-2017/6606/en/. Activated it. But nothing. So any ideas how to solve this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,012 Views)

I'm assuming you have valid licenses for LabVIEW and LabVIEW Vision (which requires an additional license).  It would be useful to see what Software NI thinks is installed on your system -- can you capture a Screen Shot of MAX showing the Software Tab expanded?  (You can squeeze the right-hand edge over so we only see the first column).  Sounds like something is missing, or possibly not fully activated.

A related question -- on the Block Diagram Palettes, is Vision and Motion present?  If so, what sub-Palettes are shown?  Anything like NI-IMAQ or NI-IMAQdx?  Vision Utilities?  Image Processing?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,981 Views)

If you're seeing the words Vision and Module together, you probably needed the Vision Development Module more so than the VAS.  The first brings in some vision processing algorithms.  The second allows you to interface with cameras to take images.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,970 Views)

This what about licensesSketch.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,947 Views)

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,946 Views)

I need in second one, take images from camera of microscope

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,944 Views)

You have the Vision drivers (Vision Acquisition Software).  You need the Vision Development Module, which will populate the Vision and Motion Palette on the Block Diagram (and on the Front Panel).

I'm also puzzled by the Driver, which says "January 2017", four months before LabVIEW 2017 was released.  This suggests to me that this might be the Driver for LabVIEW 2016, perhaps an updated version.  Sometimes LabVIEW can work with Drivers that don't "match" the Development Version, but with something as complex as Vision, I'd want them to match ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,930 Views)