From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision 8.0 / Vision 7.0 Compatibility

I've recently developt softwares in LV8 + Vision 8.
I've tried to deploy these in a computer which contains LV7 + Vision RTE 7.1 and other applications full made in 7.1.
I installed the LV 8 RTE and replaced the Dll NiVIsion 7.1 by 8 to ensure the compatibility as i've already the Vision RTE 7.1 installed on the target PC.

My report :
- the new programs work fine in a Vision 7.1 environment even if developt these in 8 with the provisio of not using specific funcions of Vision 8 like "'adaptative threshold".
- New programs fail if i use specific function of Vision - that's normal - i read a "Unlicence Ni Vision" message - thus i setup the Vision RTE 8.0
which deploy the license manager. My new program work, i can use the 'Niblack Threshold' but unfortunately, with the license manager all my old programs developt in Vision 7.1 fail.

Which is the solution to make coexist programs written and deployed in Vision 7.1 and Vision 8 ?
2 separate PC should be considered ?

Best Regards.

Message Edité par Tony Parker le 11-14-2006 05:11 PM

Message Edité par Tony Parker le 11-14-2006 05:13 PM

Message Edité par Tony Parker le 11-14-2006 05:15 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,045 Views)