LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa error in exe build

Hi all,

I’m having some difficulties with running an EXE file which returns the error “VISA Flush I/O Buffer in TSI 4000.lvlib:Initialize.vi->Flow v Pressure Test 2.vi” on the EXE file I created. The VI runs smoothly using full Labview 2016 on the same machine without unplugging any of the instruments.

I have been using the application debugger to compare the two different programs and have identified an issue with the Visa registration as follows:

From probe 19 placed on the EXE file there is some missing Visa information (C.F. Figure 1 and 2 for probe comparison).

Figure 1: Output from probe 19 (exe file). (please see attached Picture files)

Figure 2: Output from probe 18 positioned at the same location as probe 19 (.VI file).

I have tried including the visa information in the build using “Method 1: Including the NI MAX Hardware Configuration” described here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/80F2165E774B51FB86257CAC006E81A9

But this didn’t seem to work.

Instruments cluster as indicated in figure 1

Further information:

Figure 3: Front panel visa information (EXE and .VI are the same)

FYI, this is a program which was written by somebody who has recently left the company so although I have gone through the program I may have missed something simple.

Thanks for your help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,283 Views)