LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa attribute error -1073807330

Solved!
Go to solution

When I run Agilent 546XX Serice Acq Digital Wfm Edge Triggered.vi, I get error...

"Error -1073807330 occurred at Property Node (arg 6) in Agilent 546XX Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi->Agilent 546XX Series Acq Digital Wfm Edge Triggered.vi"

The Knowledgebase refers to stop bit being set incorrectly.  But, it show "1" which matches MAX.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,323 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dalep

That's not the actual problem. That driver has a bug in the Initialize VI in how the baud rate is configured. The baud rate is set as an integer value, e.g., 9600. The problem is that the Initialize VI has a front panel cluster where the "Baud Rate" is a ring, but the values it spits out are 0, 1, 2, 3, instead of 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600. One way to fix it is to insert a case structure in the Initialize VI so that it translates the 0, 1, 2, 3 to the proper baud rate values. I'm suggesting this method since the other way to fix it is to change the baud rate control so the control sends out the correct value. However, you'd need to do this in all VIs that use the Initialize VI - i.e., all the examples.

I'm surprised the driver was released with this bug.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,313 Views)

It might be the flow control setting. The default is DTR/DSR. If you are using a USB-RS-232 adapter, some do not support flow control settings. If so, then remove the property and set the instrument to no flow control as well.

p.s. It really does not matter what is or what is not set in MAX. It has to match the instrument and match the capabilities of the port.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,312 Views)

This is right. I replaced the bogus control with constants and it worked. 

How does one report bugs and get them stomped 'round hea?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,091 Views)