LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing an Application Remotely Using a Browser

Hi,

I try to view my application remotely via Web Browser. When I run vi in Development mode there is no problem and I can view the Front panel and all updates.

When I compiled this vi to stand-alone application and update the "LVFPPVINAME" into html file (according the LabVIEW tutorials), I can't see the Front Panel of the stand-alone application.

Can anyone explain what I did wrong or send/attach a small example

Thanks a lot,

Alex Katsovich

P.S.

I am using LaVIEW 2012

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,862 Views)

What port have you configured the remote panel server to run on?

Have you made the modifications to the executable's INI file to add 'WebServer.Enabled=True'? There are some steps you need to follow according to this article.

You may also need to modify the VI server settings in the executable build specification.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,850 Views)

Hi Sam,

Thank for you reply.

I tried everything but it's still not works. Show message "Requested vi not loaded into memory"

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,824 Views)

What about the steps here?

Have you tried to connect to the executable from LabVIEW itself (from tools -> connect to remote front panel) to determine if the problem is with the web-page trying to access the wrong server/VI versus the remote front panel server not working at all?

Of course, you need to make sure that the VI is open (but it doesn't have to be running) when you make the connection - but it looks like that is the case from your screenshot.

Also, in the executable, what are you using as the VI name? It's name will probably be different - something like Executable.exe:VI Name.vi rather than just VI Name.vi

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,791 Views)