LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View block diagram of lvlibp loaded in executable

I have an application (exe) that loads Vi's from packed libraries plugins (PPL/lvlibp) into a subpanel. In development mode, I can right click on the subpanel and select "Show block diagram" if the PPL was built with debugging enabled. This allows probing and execution highlighting. In the executable, this option is not available, and using the Open Block Diagram invoke node does not work either.

My developer-users want to be able to debug their plugins within the executable environment.

Does anyone know if it is possible to view the BD of a PPL in exe mode? 

(2,637 Views)

I think this might work if you enable debugging on the built EXE, then connect to it using the LabVIEW development environment with Operate >> Debug Application.  You need the full IDE to view block diagrams, that functionality just isn't available in the run-time engine.

Message 2 of 5
(2,608 Views)

Yes, this makes sense. I had hoped that the PPL would have a viewable BD within the exe, but I can see why the runtime engine wouldn't have that capability.

(2,594 Views)

Hi littlesphaeroid,

I was wondering if you managed to get it to work - I have the same situation but when I connect remotely to debug the application is is impossibly slow and crashes LabVIEW from time to time (2018)...I know there were some issues with highlight execution of (debuggable) builds in previous versions of LabVIEW but I thought they had been fixed

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,142 Views)

I regularly debug my cRIO exe using the Operate menu tool and don't experience sluggishness (after it all loads). I've used 2017 and 2019, but it's not using subpanels. 

Is your application using subpanels as the op described or is it a different problem? 

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,121 Views)