LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Acquisition Using LabVIEW - Reduced Resolution

Hi, I am using Labview to control an Andor iXON Ultra 897 CCD camera, and laser lines. However, the video quality is not as good as the one I got from NIS-Elements software. I am a newbie to LabVIEW, and I'm not very experienced in CCD camera. Can someone please give me any idea of how the quality of videos are reduced and how I may recover the resolution? (By reduced, I mean some fluorescent signal can be detected in NIS-Element interface, but not visible from LabVIEW platform. I have tried many times to examine the quality of my experiment materials, but I think they are not very likely to cause the problem).

I am guessing the reason can be the format of videos, i.e. I use nd2 on NIS-Element while the LabVIEW records(or convert, I have to look into the original program to find out this) the videos in a series of tiff format images. 

Thanks in advance! Any help is much appreciated!Heart

Angela

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,093 Views)

Do you have the Andor SDK which seems to have "hooks" into LabVIEW?  The company seems to know how to interface with IMAQ or IMAQdx -- might check their web-site.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,074 Views)