LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration analysis - running RMS

Hello everybody,

My name is Diego Kawasaka and I´m needing some help with the function "Vibration level" from Sound and Vibration.

I have acquired an accelerometer signal and now I need to know the RMS values in each second. I was thinking about using the block "Vibration Level" from Sound and Vibration and use the function running RMS, but it´s not working.

Can somebody help me?

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,093 Views)

Hi Diego,

have you tried the "Vibration Analisys (Simulated)" example from Sound and Vibration toolkit in LabVIEW example Finder (Help>>Find Examples).

In the Example Finder, search for "Vibration Level" and then open the Vibration Analisys (Simulated).

Let me know if you were able to find it and if it meet your needs.

Regards

Felipe Flores
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,055 Views)

Hi Felipe!

Thanks for replying me. I´ve taken a look in the example that you have suggested, but it´s not what I´m looking for.

Actually, I need to charge one acquisition that I´ve recorded before and generate one channel of running RMS, that I´ll use to compare with another acquisition that I´ve done.

I need this cause while I was acquiring some data, I´ve used the vibration level in signal express but I´ve forgotten to select the running RMS to acquire.

Can you help me with some idea?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,033 Views)

Hi Diego,

Well, I think I got it. You've already acquired the data and it is in a File. So you want to load it and calculate the Running RMS in each second of the original data.

So, I developed a VI, that generates a simulated signal, breaks it into 1 second waveforms chunks and then perform the Runnng RMS. For each second of the Original data you will have 1 value of Running RMS. In the end, the VI builds a waveform for the Running RMS values.

You should replace the "Simulated Signal part of the code" by your own file load waveform routine.

Please, Check the attached file.

Regards.

Felipe Flores
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,993 Views)

Hi Felipe,

Please find attached the VI that I have developed and one example of acquisition. Note that I have one problem with the vibration level, cause even with the end of the acquisition, my loop doesn´t finish.

Do you know how to help me?

regards,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,960 Views)

Hi Diego,

I modified the VI I sent you to load the acceleration File, calculate the Running RMS for all channels and write a new RMS file.

Take a look at it and see if it solves your problem.

Regards

Felipe Flores
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,904 Views)

Hello sir,

When I take off the vibration sensor, it showing random value but after putting on right axle it does not update it true value it show some wrong data. In running rms vi 

Plz help mi what should I do???

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,661 Views)