LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration Sweep Control

Hi,

I have been developing and using a vibration control rig on and off for a year now. I am using a DAQ and LabVIEW to output a sine wave frequency sweep to a shaker and then read back both the test sample output voltage and an attached accelerometer. The sample under test is piezoelectric so as the frequency sweep goes through it's resonant frequency the lots of energy is taken from the mechanical input vibrations and converted into electrical energy, this has a significant effect on the acceleration of the driving vibrations and means that they decrease quite a lot very quickly - once out of resonance the acceleration returns to the desired level. 

Until now this has not been an issue, we have run the tests without trying to control the acceleration and letting it do it's thing. Now however we need to control the acceleration level so that it is always a constant level (say 300mg) even through the resonance of the device being tested. I have tried using the PID block to control the output amplitude of the driving sine wave but it's very difficult to control and the system keeps becoming unstable or simply not responding quickly enough.

Can anyone suggest a way to effectively control the acceleration so that it is roughly constant ( +/- 25mg) please?

Thanks very much

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,514 Views)

Hi Tanakasan,

Thank you for posting in this forum, however it would be more beneficial if you posted in this discussion forum: Motion control and Motors

In doing this you'll get help from experts on this topic and be able to get your application up and running quicker!

Many thanks,

John McLaughlin
Academic Account Manager
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,489 Views)