From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical scrollbar on single element array control / horizontal scrollbar bugged

Is there any reason why I can't set a vertical scrollbar on a single element array? Or any way to force it to show one?

I want to show the user an array of clusters, only navigating by the array scrollbar but not by the index (because the index is useless information to the user in this case and would just be confusing). In UI cases like this the scrollbar is usually oriented vertically (as it is in drop down lists for example, or file explorers or actually almost every other UI case with lists). But Labview wont let me set a vertical scrollbar, it's only possible to select a horizontal one. Even more annoying, if I select a horizontal scrollbar, the scroll bar will always "show" one element more than there actually is in the array (i. e. it is possible to scroll beyond the initialized array elements), again a confusing thing.

The only thing I found about this, is an almost 4 year old thread. Is the solution really to start messing around with scrollbar objects and updating everything with property nodes when the array size or scrollbar position changes?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,292 Views)

Why would you want to show a vertical scrollbar if the array has only one element? Is not a LabVIEW bug, if you want to show the vertical scrollbar you have to select the array and drag it showing other elements (grayed out since they are not initialized). Now you will be able to select the option "show vertical scroll bar" in the appearance tab from the object properties (attention: you have to select the whole array to see this option, if you select a single element inside the array, you won't be able to access to this "show vertical scroll bar" property).

I hope this helps

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,246 Views)

I have an application where I am using a 2 dimensional array to display test information. I would like to make the data "scroll" to keep the latest data showing on the screen. I have yet to find any solution. Any help out there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,203 Views)

Bryan24,

Your question does not seem to be related to the topic of the original post at all closely.  It would be better for you to start a new thread.

To answer your question: Look at three property nodes: Number of Rows, Number of Columns, and Index Values. 

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,190 Views)