LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand Cluster Update

Hello,

I am looking to understand how to update a cluster in a VI which will be run as a model in Veristand.

Presently I have created a reference to a cluster "SQwave" in the "T_Four...vi", and then attempted to update it with DINT's. values  This method works if I put the code in a while-loop and simulate it, but if I run it in veristand, the read-from-file data (that I read out from within the ManageStrokesStorage.vi), does not get updated in the cluster.  I have a dummy cluster created in the "T_Four...vi" file called "read-file" which indicates that the file is in fact being read correctly, and the data makes it out of the "ManageStrokesStorage.vi" subroutine, but like I said, that data does not get updated into the "SQwave" cluster. 

The whole idea is that in the case of a re-deploy that the variables will be read back into the program automatically.  I don't know what the difference would be between running in Veristand and Simulating in a While-Loop within Labview.

Thanks,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,810 Views)

Hi stoneadam,

Can you attach the StoreStrokes.vi and StoreStrokes.ctl so we can see your complete code? Just looking through the VIs you attached, it looks like you could see some potentially confusing results if the cases weren't executing as expected. 

How are you handling the SqWave Inport in VeriStand? Every iteration of the model is going to reset the values back to whatever you have set as the inport. Even though you are setting the value of the SqWave control using the reference after the ManageStrokeStorage subVI executes, those new values are not being used anywhere and are not being seen anywhere. 

In the end, using a VI as a model in VeriStand is not the same as executing it in a while loop. I'd like to see the full code in order to better understand the behavior you are hitting. From my current understanding, it sounds like what I would expect it to do.

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,729 Views)

Steven,

I attached the StoreStrokes.VI as requested, but I have not created a StoreStrokes.ctl / typedef. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,691 Views)

How did you configure your model in VeriStand? When you say you run it in a loop, how do you have it configured? I'm not sure I understand the two set ups you are describing and how you are expecting it to behave.

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,673 Views)