From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Data Type and Compiler

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am having troubles with the Variant Data Type VI: when I compile my Main VI contained in my project the folders NI_Data Type and VariantType are created (both folders contain GetRefnumInfoInternal.vi, I32ToMemoryInfo.vi, I32ToRefnumType.vi and VI Server Generic Type.ctl ). The VI that I use in one of my subVIs is "Get Type Information" ( vi.lib\Utility\Data Type\Get Type Information.vi )

What I need is the classic structure with the folder data and the three files .aliases .exe and .ini

I have tried to insert the folder vi.lib\Utility\Data Type\ in my project or to add NI_Data Type.lvlib in my project but the two folders are still present.

Till yesterday I was using the VI \vi.lib\Utility\VariantDataType\GetRefnumInfo.vi and it was not creating these two folders but since I noticed that it is marked as "deprecated" i followed the instruction and sobstituted it with Get Type Information.vi and since then I have the problem.

Can you please help me? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,706 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cassaniti

When talking about "compile": Do you refer to using the LV Application Builder to create an EXE?

If so, please verify that you did not check the "Use LabVIEW 8.x file layout" option in the advanced tab of the build script.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 3
(2,700 Views)

This solved my problem, thanks for your quick answer!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,695 Views)