From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable voltage generator

I'm stuck with the generator of a (variable) voltage.Thanks to tutorials I know how to generate a voltage with the DAQ assistent. However, this is not what I need. I want to generate a voltage between 0 en 5V in steps of 0.5V. I already have this scheme, however, I'm stuck to convert this numerical value to a voltage output. 

I'm using a PXI 1042 with a PXI 7842R with a R-series expansion board with NI 9263. Everything is visible and connected in MAX. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,011 Views)

If you open MAX, can you "see" your 9263?  Set it up to go from 0 to 5 V.  Now open a Test Panel, and ask it to output a Voltage of 1 v.  [You should have a Voltmeter connected to the output of your DA channel to see what it does].

When you configure the D/A, you can set a "scaling factor" into DAQmx so that you can work in "natural units", here in Volts.  If you set your device to range from 0 to 5v, then all you need to do is have a loop (say, a For loop with range 0 to 10 (i.e. wire 11 into the N terminal).  Multiply the index "i" by 0.5 (so the product is 0, 0.5, 1.0, ..., 5.0) and feed that to the DAC, with appropriate timing.  You should see the DAC output go from 0 to 5 V in steps of 0.5.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 3
(2,988 Views)

This has been solved, the internal fuse was blown in the PXI card. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,881 Views)