LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Manager can't connect to localhost

Hi all,

I'm runnin LabView 8.5 and am replacing an old computer. I've installed LabView on my new pc and done all the device drivers, but when I go into variable manager there is a cross next to Local System and when I click new process it gives an error saying it cannot connect to localhost...

I tried restarting the NI services in services.msc as suggested elsewhere on this forum, but no luck...

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,259 Views)

Hey James,

Can you include a screen shot of when you get this error, and where you get the cross out? Besides the update, what else has changed. Have you changed Operating Systems? I see you already tried doing the services.msc, but when you where there did you see any variables?

Ricky V.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,229 Views)

Is it possible that some firewall is active on the PC which prevents communication on that port?

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,224 Views)

Did you have solved? I have the same problem. I think there is somthing corrupt on the registry. Monday work but today no. I haven't do any change on PC (no instal or uninstall). I try to repair installation of labview and DSC module but nothing. Also MAX crash when I try to open. This is a very hard problem for me, somebody can help me? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,127 Views)

Good Morning,

It looks like something could have become corrupt.  I would suggest that you uninstall all NI software, and then reinstall.  Before you start messing registry keys I would do this since most of the time this can fix the problem.  I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Cody Covington

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,115 Views)