From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Property Node for an array element: how do they work?

Solved!
Go to solution

Position is indeed element-dependent. And you can get to it relatively easily from the Array >> Value Change event:

Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 18.00.28.png

I guess that, assuming that a single element was modified at a time, which sounds reasonable, finding the index of the modified element would be easier by comparing old and new array value.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(820 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

You can set the active element with a property of the array (having trouble finding it at the moment).

Show me that and you'll get a kudo.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(779 Views)

@X. wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

You can set the active element with a property of the array (having trouble finding it at the moment).

Show me that and you'll get a kudo.

Not even close, but it works.

Example_VI_BD.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(767 Views)

@jcarmody: I am not sure this qualifies as a solution...

Your approach has the top left element sometimes fleetingly show a changing value (as it moves the intended element to be modified in this location instead of the one that was sitting there).

Moreover, if I add a Arr.Elem.Value at the bottom of the PN stack, I don't get the element that was just modified but the original (and still identical) top left value.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(724 Views)