LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSS and two versions of LabVIEW open is BAD

Wow,

So I had LabVIEW 2009 up for scratchpad code (so it would not try to add into my project in 2010)  A trick I play to keep my scratch code out of my development.

I just got a second monitor and am still getting used to having "stuff over there">>>> and forgot to Close LabVIEW 2009 per my normal operation when I finish in my scratchpad.

Hit the old "Add to SCC" on some new vi's in the main project.   They did add.... and LabVIEW 2010f4PDS went totally unresponsive in ways I've never seen.Smiley Surprised  Yes I have SCC configured on both LabVIEW versions and auto-connect to VSS during launch.

Luckilly I save often- lost ZERO work but......Should I be able to connect to VSS for multiple LabVIEW versions simultaineously?  or would that be a totally brain-dead way to cause hair loss?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,308 Views)

VSS and even ONE version of LabVIEW is BAD!

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 2 of 4
(2,304 Views)

You would have to check with Microsoft to see about compatibility between different versions of LabVIEW vi using VSS as NI has no control of how VSS handles the vis.

<Brian Aswege | Applications Engineering | National Instruments> 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,235 Views)

And no matter what you find out keep in mind that VSS is no longer under development by Microsoft and support will soon end.

See this link. Then switch over to SVN!

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,227 Views)