LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L0X sensor (I2C) + LabVIEW + Arduino (LINX)

Good Day to all,

The VL53L0X is a new generation Time-of-Flight (ToF) laser-ranging module housed in the smallest package on the market today, providing accurate distance measurement whatever the target reflectance unlike conventional technologies.

Currently for one my project I need to use VL53L0X for locating objects with LabVIEW and Arduino (LINX). I can easily use VL53L0X with an Arduino library. However, I can’t able to use it in LabVIEW as the documentations for VL53L0X (I2C sensor) is inadequate and my knowledge in LabVIEW with I2C sensor is not that much.

If anyone share a working VI file to work with the VL53L0X sensor, then it will be very helpful for me to work further.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,687 Views)

Hi MAHBD,

I can easily use VL53L0X with an Arduino library.

Then write your own Arduino sketch to read that sensor.

Send measurement data to LabVIEW using the (virtual) COM port of the Arduino!

(No need for LIFA/LINX…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,631 Views)

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually in my work, the sensor will work as a feedback system and I've to control two motors through Arduino depending on the sensor data. I want to do PID control in Labview. 

For this I want to use Arduino board just as a DAQ.

That's why if I've a VI file to read the data from the sensor, then I can do the rest PID control task. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,617 Views)

Hi MAHBD,

I can easily use VL53L0X with an Arduino library.

Then include those two motors in your own Arduino sketch too…

Your Arduino can work as "simple DAQ" also with your own sketch!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,612 Views)

Hi GerdW, I've to try your suggestion. However, do you have any example link like this type of problem. It will be easy for me to figure it out.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,603 Views)