From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA :about converting the other date to string

Solved!
Go to solution

I met a problem to do serial communication using VISA .When I convert the decimal value of 10 to the  corresponding  type of ASC code  ,there is an error, but other digital conversion is no problem.  Can anyone help  me? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,453 Views)

You need to post your VI with a filename that doesn't use Japanese or Chinese characters.  It can't be opened on my PC because my OS doesn't understand that character set.

You said there is an error.  Does it have an error code or a message?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,444 Views)

Right-click, Save Target As ... and rename.Then try to find where is the conversion is!

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,437 Views)

True. But people asking questions on the forums shouldn't have to make us jump through hoops to be able to open their VI's to help them.  The openable VI is attached.

But in this case, once you get the VI open, you are right, there are a lot more hoops inside of that.  Multiple While Loops, multiple sequence structures.  The Run Forever outer while loop.  The Stop LabVIEW function which actually negates the purpose of the Run Forever outer while loop.  Reconfiguring the serial ports on every iteration of the inner for loop.  Case structures 3 deep when a single case structure and a boolean AND will do.  Backwards wires.

So where is the "conversion problem"?

And did you mean to say "date" in your subject line or "data"?  I don't see anything related to dates.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,429 Views)

@Ravens Fan wrote:

True. But people asking questions on the forums shouldn't have to make us jump through hoops to be able to open their VI's to help them.   

I totally agree with you. Isn't it strange that the VI size changed from 59K to 46K just by renaming it?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,422 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jianglei

@ben64 wrote:
  Isn't it strange that the VI size changed from 59K to 46K just by renaming it?

Ben64

I opened it in LV 2011 and back saved it to the original file's LV 8.5 since I don't have LV 8.5 installed.  So that change in size may be a function of the upgrade vs. downgrade file saving code.  But that is still a significant percentage.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,416 Views)
My problem have solved.Thank you for your advice.Next time when I ask question,I will take it into account.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,408 Views)