LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Exe Problem

I am not sure this is bug in LabVIEW 8.2.1!
If somebody come around some situation, please share with us.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(3,227 Views)

You have not included the file visa configure serial port.vi in ur application. try attaching it.

post if still problem exists

[Edit : Follow second attachment].

Message Edited by mathan on 05-26-2008 06:20 AM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(3,218 Views)
Are you sure you've installed the VISA runtime engine on the target PC?
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
Message 3 of 22
(3,214 Views)

Iam having a problem with visa application.exe,my visa project work in panel project Correctly in my computer.but when i make application.exe from project don't work in my computer.i use labview 9

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(2,919 Views)

@aqwddv wrote:

Iam having a problem with visa application.exe,my visa project work in panel project Correctly in my computer.but when i make application.exe from project don't work in my computer.i use labview 9

duplicate post

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(2,911 Views)

Good morning,
I've created a vi that calls a subVI that automatically searches for the serial port. Once you have created the exe, the serial port communication doesn't work but if I launch it from my pc where is installed labview works ... I also installed the VISA runtime engine 5.3 (I own the version of labview 2011) ... any ideas ?!? thank you very much!
Please find enclosed the image of the subVI ..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(2,868 Views)

By default VISA will search automatically list of ports. You dont need to do anything.

May be that is causing problem. I dont think it should pose any problem, if it is working on 1 PC it should work on other. By the way in installer which run time engine you are including ?

Just install the run time in other PC and from drop-down list if VISA you will see all the available all the ports.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(2,857 Views)

Hi gmazza, I guess that the LabVIEW run-time engine is installed on the target PC. What exactly doesn't work?

From your code I understand you are polling existing serial ports trying to identify an instrument. The instrument is continuously outputting strings each starting with "SCR2-". Is this right?

By default VISA manages reads assuming a termination character (0xA=LF is the default) Does the string is really terminated with LF?

Furthermore how you make sure the program will read the whole string and not a part of it, as there is no synchronization protocol?

Another remark: if the instrument is not recognized, you run into an endless loop; replace the while loop with a for loop adding a conditional terminal.

Please next time start a new thread: your question has little to do with the original post.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(2,855 Views)

I know, but i have to do a program with an automatic COM selection, without choosing it. 

I've installed VISA RUNTIMe engine 5.3 and it works manually selectioning the COM....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(2,850 Views)

Make sure COM port is there becasue now a days there is no com port in newer PCs. Let me modify your code.

You are interested only in COM port ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(2,847 Views)