LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Driver actualization

Hello.

I have an application built by Labview runing in a external PC and it give me error in visa comunication with a USB device.

I search a lot and I think that is a Driver problem. The PC where I Programed and Built the aplication runs with labview 2014 32 bit in WIN7 32 bits and the external PC runs in WIN8 64 bits.

I searche a lot and I Founded that the VISA drivers alocated in the System32 folder there isnt NI VISA drivers, but the Drivers in the sysWOW64 folder there are.

I dont know how to change the .dll files and Drivers to NI drivers. I read here that i could do it with MAX but i dont know how to install MAX in the external PC. There is another option to change actualize the Drivers?

A lot of Thanks and sorry for muy bad English.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,295 Views)

First, tell us what this USB device is.

Second, how does it show up in Windows system manager?  Many devices, while they use a USB connection, have a driver that allows them to show up as a virtual COM port.  If that is the case, then there is usually nothing special you need to do.  Just use VISA to communicate with the virtual COM port.  If you try to do anything special with the drivers, you are going to create more problems for yourself.

If it doesn't show up as a COM port, then you are already in a more complicated situation, and you will need to provide more information than the limited info you've already provided.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,282 Views)

RavensFan escribió:

First, tell us what this USB device is.

Second, how does it show up in Windows system manager?  Many devices, while they use a USB connection, have a driver that allows them to show up as a virtual COM port.  If that is the case, then there is usually nothing special you need to do.  Just use VISA to communicate with the virtual COM port.  If you try to do anything special with the drivers, you are going to create more problems for yourself.

If it doesn't show up as a COM port, then you are already in a more complicated situation, and you will need to provide more information than the limited info you've already provided.

Thanks for the reply.

The Device its a Barcoe Scanner. This one actually: http://www.datalogic.com/eng/products/automatic-data-capture/industrial-handheld-scanners/powerscan-...

It is conected to the PC by the USB conection of the Base Charger. I Downloaded a Driver from their webpage that transalte this USB conection to a COM port, just like you said.

pantallazo.png

One problem that i found was that i need to instal this sistem in a lot of PC and i dont know waht is the COM port were it could be conected, so i use this sub VI to found the "Barcode Scanner" Instrument and "translate it" to COM port. (Attached image)

This worked fine in my computer with no errors. I installed a Independent Executable in another PC of the office with WIN7 32 bits and no problems. I installed the program y external PC with WIN8 64 bits and kaboom... Error in the firs VISA Open that you see in the attached image.

I tried a lot of things, and my last option are, or Driver problem like I explained in the firs post or compatibility problems between different OS.

Thanks for the Help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,253 Views)

What does the error message say?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,241 Views)