LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIPM, MacOS, LabVIEW 2021 - Can't install some packages

VIPM wasn't working with LabVIEW 2021 MacOS, but someone in my company saw that we need to execute:

sudo chmod -R 777 "/Applications/National Instruments/LabVIEW 2021"

After that, most packages where able to be installed via VIPM.  However a few packages had issues.   For instance, MGI Panel Manager as is shown in this screenshot.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(662 Views)

Apart from verifying that the TCP settings were lined up in VIPM and LV,

I added the following to the above and it worked for 2021, 2022, & 2023 on x86_64 and Apple Silicon (M1 Pro):

sudo chgrp staff /Applications/National\ Instruments/LabVIEW\ 2021\ 64-bit

sudo chgrp staff /Applications/National\ Instruments/LabVIEW\ 2021\ 64-bit/{vi.lib,vi.lib/addons,vi.lib/_probes,help,examples,examples/exbins,project,project/errors,resource/Framework/Providers,resource/dialog/QuickDrop/plugins,templates,ProjectTemplates,ProjectTemplates/MetaData,ProjectTemplates/Source}

sudo chgrp staff /Applications/National\ Instruments/LabVIEW\ 2021\ 64-bit/menus/Categories/Computer

sudo chmod g+w /Applications/National\ Instruments/LabVIEW\ 2021\ 64-bit/{vi.lib,vi.lib/addons,vi.lib/_probes,help,examples,examples/exbins,project,project/errors,resource/Framework/Providers,resource/dialog/QuickDrop/plugins,templates,ProjectTemplates,ProjectTemplates/MetaData,ProjectTemplates/Source}

NB: For me, 

sudo chgrp staff /Applications/National\ Instruments/LabVIEW\ 2021\ 64-bit/menus

as recommended in the below reference fails, throwing an Error Code 8 which itself suggests the folder path above "...menus/Categories/Computer" as a solution.

Reference:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000001DoXACA0&amp%3Bl=en-US&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(104 Views)