LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI to determine what applications and services are running in memory.

I need to be able to determine if a LabVIEW executable is running.
If I had access to the info in the Task Manager window (running .exe's) -  that would provide all the needed information.
Message 1 of 3
(2,419 Views)
with systemexe run tasklist.exe

open a cmd window and type in tasklist /? to get more information

If I think the system might have a program that could do the job, I take a look into the system32 folder if there is something that could fit and try <name> /? to see if my guess was right.

But what about vi-server?  drop a vi-server property node and choose application:all vis in memory

Message Edited by Henrik Volkers on 07-03-2006 01:50 PM

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 2 of 3
(2,413 Views)
Hello all,

The systemexec.vi is certainly one way you could go about doing this. If you know the name of the VI running as part of the LV executable you can also use VI Server, as Henrik alluded to. Keep in mind that the executable will be running as a separate application instance; thus, you'll want the .exe's VI Server to be running on a different port than your development environment (or wherever you are checking for the exe). If you specify this port when making calls to VI Server, then you should be able to use the All VI's in Memory property to see what's running. 
Charlie S.

Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,384 Views)