LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI pop-Ups Problem

Hi All

I have two VI's. A mainVI and a SubVI. The main calls the SubVI when it is run.

I am programming it for three different cases.

1st Case:"

I want only the MainVI to show up when I run the code. In other words, I have blocked the SubVI from showing up as a pop up.

2nd Case

I want to design a control, like a switch from which I can decide which VI to operate on

3rd Case:

I want it to directly go to the SubVI and not show the MainVi at all.

I am doing it using a Case structure.

But the problem is that, if I disable the SubVI from showing as a pop up for the 1st case, then it doesnt show up on the 2nd and 3rd case.

So my question is, is there any other way I can change the property of the VI (to enable/disable pop-ups) other than opening the property of that VI and modifying it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,359 Views)

Very easy to do!

Use the open FP method to Set the FP State or use a property node to set behavior (or set any of the window appearance properties)

FP.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,342 Views)

Also, the way I am doing it right now is to copy the vi in every case. Is there a better way to do it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,338 Views)

@Mr Miagi wrote:

Also, the way I am doing it right now is to copy the vi in every case. Is there a better way to do it?

There is no problem in doing this way.

For your original question.

Do not Enable the vi property to Show front panel when called uncheck these option in the vi properties and do that in the instances you use in the main vi. Do this way

1. Place the sub vi in the main vi for which you want to show the front panel.

2. Right click the vi and go to sub vi node setup and Enable show front panel when called.

3. Place the sub vi which you don't want to show up

4. Right click and make sure that in sub vi node setup the show front panel when called option is unchecked.

simple

Good luck

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,333 Views)