LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI locks up

I have been having a long term issue with a VI I've written locking up for no apparent reason. I originally thought that it was related to the Datasocket OPC communication routines, but since I've cleaned up that part of the code the program still locks up. I've never witnessed it happening in person, so the exact details of the "crash" are only second hand. From what I have been told, it sounds like the program just stops doing anything; including updating the OPC tags on the server. I am using LabVIEW Base 6.1.

I've checked all of the while loops in the program, and they all have ms timers in them. Could this be caused by some kind of memory mismanagement, or is there some other programming error that may cause a program to lock up like that?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,394 Views)
Without any detailed knowledge about your program, it's hard to say where the problem might be. If it really is hanging up somewhere, then it would be very important to find out where this hang-up is occurring in your code. You can find this out by either running the VI in highlight execution mode or by using execution stepping. Once you've found out where the hang-up is, troubleshooting should be much, much easier.

Regards,
E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,368 Views)
I could not find an option to delete this post, but, I have found that the customer was erronously reporting the state of my software.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,364 Views)