cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Scripting Event Structure - User Events

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi There, 

I am trying to write a VI script that will look at an event structure in another VI and populate the event structure with the registered user events wired into the dynamic terminal. 

I am using the "SetHandledEvents" invoke node and wiring up the Dynamic Events terminal.

In my example VI I have created 3 user event num, bool and string. I can right click and add the event just fine to the event structure. Now if I delete all the event cases, and Run my script I can add one of the dynamic user events. If I change the event gegistration number from 1 to 2. I get error 1. The event case is created but it is not configured for any event. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

User Events.PNG

Images of my test vi showing the three user events I am registering. 

Attached is the VI containing my script. 

Thanks in advance

Kev

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,551 Views)

CAR 544533 was filed somewhat recently about this issue. I really thought that the DQMH did this automatically but I may have been wrong. I know they script a lot of user events so you might be able to look through what they do if the tools are open.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/213286

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,508 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author K.Ross

The error 1 user event scripting issue should be fixed in LabVIEW 2016. DQMH does do a lot of scripting of events, but it is unable to automatically configure event frame names...the user has to do that manually for now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,488 Views)

Hey 

Thanks for the reply. Sad news. I will wait for LV 2016 hopefully will be out soon. 

Thanks

Kev

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,465 Views)

Recent history shows that the new LabVIEW versions are release around the time of NI Week.  That is the first week of August.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,426 Views)

CAR 544533 has been fixed in LabVIEW 2016. Please see the LabVIEW 2016 Bug Fix List for more information.

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,263 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,056 Views)