LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Scripting: CaseStructure, case insensitive match property/method?

Hi all,

I am trying to programatically set a case structure with a string selector to be case insensitive. I know that this is possible at edit time by right clicking on the case structure and then clicking "Case Insensitive Match". I am wondering if anyone knows of a scripting property/method to do this. I am skeptical that this exists because it seems that there is no way to cast the CaseSelector GObject to be selector type dependent.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,813 Views)
I believe that questions related to scripting are intended to be posted in the LabVIEW APIs Discussion Board.
Message 2 of 8
(2,806 Views)

Thank you smercutio! To my limited understanding this property is not exposed to the public and a CAR has been filed.

Instead of opening a new topic for small question I'm just gonna ask this here; why do I sometimes see screenshots of other peoples code with blue property/invoke nodes? Is this GOOP related?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,792 Views)
They're using the hidden properties that are exposed by using a couple of special LabVIEW.ini keys, as discussed on the scripting forum over at LAVA.
Message 4 of 8
(2,776 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote: special LabVIEW.ini keys

WHAT? don't just link 'em

No wonder the LAVA forum is "offline until further notice"
Message Edited by Jeff Bohrer on 06-12-2009 05:13 PM

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,774 Views)
Huh?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,771 Views)
I know about the keys to enable scripting in 7.1, but I think that the blue VI server nodes are someting different. An NI employee has refered to them as private functionality. I seached these forums and saw that the code capture tool from LAVA uses this. LAVA has been down for a few days so I'll look into this later on.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,766 Views)
There are 2 different keys. Those keys provide access to scripting and the private nodes which are blue. I did not mention the keys because it's not supposed to be common knowledge. I mentioned the site where the information can be found, which is a bit of a narrow line.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,751 Views)