LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Protection

Dear All,

I want to know if it is possible to protect the block diagram with multiple passwords saved in the database and to check if the taped password excites in the database . I want this function to work even when the VI is not running.

Best Regard.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,014 Views)

Hi Emna,

@Emna20 wrote:

I want to know if it is possible to protect the block diagram with multiple passwords saved in the database and to check if the taped password excites in the database . I want this function to work even when the VI is not running.

LabVIEW itself only supports one (1) password when protecting the VI block diagram. Point.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(972 Views)

Why do you want this? Tell us more about your use case.

Are you expecting better security? More passwords will not give you that. Or do you need different access levels? Or access-groups?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(924 Views)

Hi,

thank you for your response,

I have a group of people who are using the same vi to make such modifications, I want to track the use of the VI and the modification that has been done by every person.

Best Regard.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(883 Views)

@Emna20 wrote:

Hi,

thank you for your response,

I have a group of people who are using the same vi to make such modifications, I want to track the use of the VI and the modification that has been done by every person.

Best Regard.

That's typically the task of a properly configured source control system. You can't really control what a user does on his computer but you can control what he is allowed to do on the central repository and when she/he checks in modifications you can track each of them down to the user who did them.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 5 of 6
(878 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

...That's typically the task of a properly configured source control system. You can't really control what a user does on his computer but you can control what he is allowed to do on the central repository and when she/he checks in modifications you can track each of them down to the user who did them.

Search for "Source Code Control LabVIEW", and "Software Configuration Management LabVIEW".

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(863 Views)