LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Method "Front Panel:Get Image Scaled" Memory Error 17

Hi all, I've got two almost identical sub vi front panels that I'm dumping to a jpg image for reporting purposes.  One was copied and slightly modified from the other to show a different data set and plot.  The original works just fine, but the second sub vi, when using the "Front Panel:Get Image Scaled" method to pass the image to write the jpg, always returns the following error:

"Error 17 occurred at Invoke Node in Myprogram

Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  Not enough memory to manipulate image.
=============================
NI-488:  Unrecognized command.

Method Name: Front Panel:Get Image Scaled

[Continue] [Stop]  "

I've stripped the problem section into a simple tiny new that only opens the report and tries to get the image with the same working/non-working result above.  Using the Execution Trace Highlighter, it error is definitely occuring when the Method executes.

Any ideas?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,331 Views)
Hey cjgpr,
    I haven't been able to dig up much info on this error message.  There's one other discussion forum post that talked about it some, and a KnowledgeBase article on it.  It seems that whatever changes you made to the front panel have caused it to exceed your computer's memory when creating an image.  Try removing items until it works, then see what actually breaks the functionality.

Brian B
Account Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,313 Views)
Thanks for looking into it.  After posting and not seeing any help, I found an empirical solution:  since the non-working one was a derivative of a working one I incrementally made the changes 'till it broke again.  [As a background note, both reports brought in the same set of data in a couple arrays, just displayed different fields/plots of it.]  I found that from the original report if I DELETED the unwanted front panel indicators and replaced them with the desired, I would break it every time.  However, if I simply hid the front panel features I didn't want and added the new ones it would work.  Why does that work?  Good question!  Anyway, it may be ugly but it is working.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,310 Views)