LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Executes but does not show the Control panel; the process in windows 10 consumes many resources

Good Morning,

I have the following problem, I have a VI that I use in my Notebook and in another PC without problems, now I have to install it in a new PC and when I run it it starts the process in windows but it does not show the front panel. On the other hand, the process started in Windows consumes excessively resources (microprocessor and RAM), something that does not happen in the other PCs that I use.

The OS is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

The VI is compiled with labview 2011 (the same VI works fine on the other PCs so I know it is not the VI)

I already appreciate any indication.

José

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(946 Views)

Buenos días,

tengo el siguiente problema, tengo un VI que utilizo en mi Notebook y en otra PC sin problemas, ahora tengo que instalarlo en una nueva PC y al ejecutarlo inicia el proceso en windows pero no muestra el panel frontal. Por otro lado el proceso iniciado en Windows consume excesivamente recursos (microprocesador y RAM), cosa que no pasa en las otras PC que utilizo. 

El SO es Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. 

El VI esta compilado con labview 2011 (el mismo VI funciona bien en las otras PCs por lo que se que no es el VI)

Desde ya agradezco cualquier indicación.

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(939 Views)

Add it to a project and open it that way to see if it works correctly.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(934 Views)

Hi José,

do you really mean a vi or an executable built from that vi? Can you post your code?

My guess is that the program is stuck in a while loop somewhere, running at high speed, that does not stop, maybe because of some wrong input parameter or an incorrect error management. Does you process search for external resources that it can't find?

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(930 Views)

Paolo
If I mean the executable, sorry. The same executable on 2 other PCs on the same network works without problems, so I rule out that it is a problem with the Executable; It should possibly check that all the resources are reachable from that location, although the only thing it does is access a database, which in all the other executables it accesses without problems

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(874 Views)