From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using two instruments as a single task

I am trying to measure magnetostrictive strain as a function of applied DC magnetic field. For this, I am using NI9237 module sitting on a chassis for strain measurement, and a lakeshore 425 gaussmeter for magnetic field strength measurement. My intention is to automate the module and gaussmeter using LabVIEW (version 2016/ Windows 10 OS) but could not progress much. I can measure strain using the DAQ Assist VI and magnetic field strength by its instrument driver downloaded from ni.com/idnet. Although I can do both tasks individually, I am not getting any idea to use both instruments in a single task to measure the strain vs field curve. Examples/help or a ready to use VI file on it are highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,777 Views)

Hi deka,

both DAQ devices use different communication busses in the background so you cannot put them "into one task".

Read both DAQ devices in their own loops and combine the data as you like.

Maybe you need to apply some averaging or resampling functions to align both signals to the same time scale…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,744 Views)